2019年10月21日月曜日

Different WORLDS


Different WORLDS, by MARGARET JOHNSON (2003)

 

 This week I read Different WORLDS. This book is a love story of deaf woman. I liked this story because it was very nice story. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: “But Mum and I are very close, and I couldn’t tell her something that wasn’t true” (p.9). I like this sentence because I and my mother are similar to this.  I was very sympathetic. The second one is: “Then, he showed me another way to goodbye” (p.30). The another way is a kiss. The deaf woman can’t hear the man’s voice. But he expressed it with a kiss instead. It was very romantic. The third one is: “Because this was the Jim who played music: this was the real Jim” (p.43). I like this sentence because the woman could see the real Jim that she had never seen before.

  I want to recommend this book. I was thrilled on the way, but at the end I could feel happy. So I want many people to read this book. If people live in different worlds, they can be together. I give this book 10 stars out of 10.

 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Matilda

I read "Matilda" this week. Matilda is a very clever little girl, but her terrible parents don't like her and her head teacher...