2019年10月6日日曜日

Go, Lovely Rose and other stories

The door opened at last, and they were inside the pub. There was a smell of smoke and beer, sandwiches and warm bodies. But she said, "There 's a smell of flowers in here. Can you smell it too?"

There were some stories in this book. I like "The Daffodil Sky" the best in them. I couldn't image the story in the end. Bill loved Cora and Cora loved Bill. They brought luck each other. I thought this story is very happy story at this moment. However, I realized I was wrong. They were no good for each other. Cora had another man. So Bill's jealousy was quiet and slow-burning, but it was very strong and deep. Then came the news about their baby. At last he went to see the man and killed him. I was very scared. I thought that jealousy would change people.



著者 : H. E. Bates
Oxford University Press
発売日 : 2000-03-23

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Matilda

I read "Matilda" this week. Matilda is a very clever little girl, but her terrible parents don't like her and her head teacher...