2020年6月3日水曜日

CHEMICAL SECRET



                                   CHEMICAL SECRET  by TIM VICARY (2000)


 I read CHEMICAL SECRET this week. I was interested in this title of this book. So I decided to read this book.

 I will talk about outline of this story first of all. John and his two children lived together. His wife died so he was very depressed and quit his job so they lived a poor life. After that, John got a job which makes paint and earned a stable income. However, he noticed that his company was discharging dirty water into local river. Christine, Jone’s daughter got married to Simon who is a environmental journalist. One day, they go to John’s company and Christine fell into a polluted water and drank its water. She was a pregnant woman so she worried that her unborn baby was safe. She thought that her father took part in pollution problem so she kept away from his. On the other hand, the company told John to lie but he told everything he knew. Then, he was dismissed and started a poor life again. Half a year later, Christine gave birth to a healthy baby.

 Next, I will talk about quote of this book.
“He got up, put on his coat, and went downstairs. There was a cold wind outside, blowing from the sea. The sea and the sky were grey and miserable.” This parts express his feelings. I thought he was so sorry through his story. I was sad to think his feelings.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Matilda

I read "Matilda" this week. Matilda is a very clever little girl, but her terrible parents don't like her and her head teacher...