2020年6月16日火曜日

My Fair Lady

My Fair Lady, by ALAN JAY LERNER(1958)


This week I read My Fair Lady. This book was very long so I will described the contents very easily. Professor Higgins bets with Colonel Pickering over whether to make Eliza a lady. Eliza is getting more and more sophisticated. This story is the growth of Eliza and the romantic comedy of men around her.  I liked this story. I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is: “Your English accent is absolutely terrible” (p.4). I thought the man who said this was very terrible. The woman was bullied by him and I was shocked. The second one is: “Eliza repeated it, again perfectly, with no London accent at all!” (p.18). I like this sentence because Eliza practiced English accent many times and She succeeded! Then she sang songs with happy feelings. The third one is: “You know I’m in love with you, Eliza!” (p.28). I like this sentence because it is romantic. It must make her happy. 

   I want to recommend this book because it was easy to read and there were some songs in the book. So I could enjoy reading it. But I sometimes couldn’t understand the story.  This story is also a movie so I would like to watch it!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Matilda

I read "Matilda" this week. Matilda is a very clever little girl, but her terrible parents don't like her and her head teacher...