2020年11月25日水曜日

Incredible Earth

 I read “Incredible Earth” this week. This book consists 10 chapters. 

1. Earth’s Crust 

2. Oceans 

3. Rivers and Waterfalls 

4. Glaciers and Icebergs 

5. Hot Water 

6. Mountains and Lakes 

7. Caves 

8. Earthquakes and Tsunamis 

9. Deserts 

10. Erosion 

This book taught me a lot of interesting things but especially I was interested in earthquakes and tsunamis in chapter 8 because I experienced the Kumamoto earthquake. So I will explain the contents of chapter 8.

Usually, Earth’s crust moves very slowly- only a few millimeters every year. Sometimes, two pieces of the crust move suddenly in different directions, and then there’s an earthquake. Earthquakes are dangerous because buildings sometimes fall down. Moreover, there are earthquakes under the ocean, too. Sometimes an earthquake under the ocean makes a giant wave called a tsunami. It can be very dangerous. 

There were Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake, Kumamoto Earthquake and Great East Japan Earthquake. We experienced some earthquakes and tsunami in Japan. I think the power of nature is very big and dangerous. So we should prepare emergency goods for earthquakes. 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Matilda

I read "Matilda" this week. Matilda is a very clever little girl, but her terrible parents don't like her and her head teacher...