2020年12月1日火曜日

Medicine Then and Now

 I read “Medicine Then and Now” this week. I thought some information were very interesting so I would like to introduce some of them.

First, “Early people believed that they got ill because evil spirits were inside them. Many people had amulets-things that people think are lucky. They hoped that their amulets would stop them being them. People cared for each other when they were ill. A shaman was a man or woman who sang songs, danced, and did magic spells to make people well.” I was very interested in these sentences because it is different from now. Old people thought the ill was mystical thing. Modern people don’t think like these so I was able to learn the way of thinking of old people. 

Second, “Medicine has helped people to live longer. In 1900, most people only lived to be about 45years old. Today, people in many parts of the world live 30 years longer than they did in 1900. Some people say than by 2060, many people will live to be 100 years old!” I was very surprised to know this information and I think the power of medicine is very wonderful. Medicine is necessary for our lives and we have to thank them. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Matilda

I read "Matilda" this week. Matilda is a very clever little girl, but her terrible parents don't like her and her head teacher...